Critical reflection

 At the beginning of this module, I set goals for myself such as being more confident in presenting as I would get nervous and would sometimes blank out. I wanted to understand how to write a proper summary report as writing is not my strong suit. I would look forward to each class as there were a lot of lessons I could learn to further improve my presentation, writing, and report skills. 

For my presentation skills, I have definitely felt more confident and comfortable and just remind myself that in order to be confident in what I am presenting I need to know the basis of my presentation. Without any clue about what we present, we will not gain the confidence we seek. When I feel more at ease I can project my voice and make use of space to interact more with the audience. I learned to get a good presentation, I had to research the topic I was going to speak about and write a script to at least know the flow of my presentation. after many practices, I was able to not rely on the slides and just be assured of what I presented. 

Another aspect I saw myself improving on was my critical thinking skills. In class, I am always forced out of my comfort zone to reflect and improve on a certain subject such as our Summary Reader Response. I learned how to paraphrase and not just write information retained from the article. it is more about how we use this information and be sought out in the summary. For our project, we needed to interact with our fellow classmates to come up with a project that we can all agree on which takes great respect and discipline. With the relevant Units like Unit 3 and Unit 9, it helped us guide through our report and how we come about in identifying the key points we want to improve on our project. 

I definitely enjoyed this module the most throughout these 2 trimester. Most of the references I would be able to use for my future reports which I will definitely remember as it really comes down to practice. I am grateful to Professor Blackstone for assisting us when we need help or have any questions when in doubt. 

Comments

  1. Dear Kris,

    Thanks very much for this explanatory critical reflection. I appreciate how you’ve addressed key facets of your module learning and that you considered various aspects of the work you did and multiple takeaways. You’ve also written with good fluency.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Formal Letter

Summary Reader Response Draft #4